How to change from one Health-Fund (Kupat Holim) to another
Hebrew: איך מחליפים קופת חולים
Whether you are not satisfied, or for any reason, in Israel you have the right to switch from one health-fund (Kupat Holim) to another, provided you have been a member of your current health-fund for at least one year.
What you need to do
- You need to obtain the "Tofes Hodaat Maavar" - The Notification of Transfer Form - from any branch of the post-office
- Fill out the form and hand it in at the post-office. You will be charged a nominal fee
- You can also complete this procedure via the Bituach Leumi website (National Insurance)
- Make a request from your current Health Fund that your medical records and information be transferred to the new one. There is no charge for this service.
Note that your rights as a member of a health-fund are not harmed in any way when you transfer funds. You are entitled to the same identical services in each of the 4 health-funds, as prescribed by the law.
You may like these...
- Hebrew English Translations Automated Answering Machines
Medical & Health Resources