Planning a 5 day holiday in Israel. Visit and tour some of the lesser known attractions.
Hebrew: חופשה בישראל - סיורים וטיולים בארץ
Fresh chillis in Jerusalem's Mahane Yehuda Market - Image credit: Fancycrave
So, you are planning a holiday in Israel - it's a short trip wherein your'e planning to visit the relatives and inbetween family dinners and commitments you want to see as much of Israel as you possibly can,. What are the 'must see' attractions? We asked members of our Facebook group: If you had only 5 days to take a holiday and show someone around Israel, where would you take them? The results were unanimous. You need more time. You cannot possibly tour Israel in 5 days!!!
Surprisingly, when we collected the results, many of the traditionally popular sites were not nominated but some lesser known sites, were. Here are the results:
- Akko - the Old Crusader City
- Attlit - Illegal Immigration Museum
- Banyas - fresh water pools, the Temple of Pan, a popular Baptismal site, wonderful walks in nature and spectacular scenery
- Birkhat Ram
- Druze Villages
- Hexagonal Pools (Yehudiya Forest)
- Kibbutz Merom Golan
- Kibbutz Degania
- Metulla - Once the site of the "Good Fence" and one of Israel's northernmost settlements
- Mt. Hermon - snow covered and skiing opportunities in the winter, magnificent views and flowers and greenery in the spring.
- Nimrods Fortress - spend a few hours exploring this amazing ruin
- Rosh Hanikra - explore the grottos, experience the view of the white chalk-rock cliffs from the cable-car and take in an interesting presentation of the historical railway line between that was between Haifa and Beirut
- Tzfat - one of Israel's four holy cities and a center of Kabbalah and Jewish mysticism
Your friends liked these...