Israel Immigration Figures
2001 - 2016
For the first time, The Ministry of Immigrant Absorption recently released data indicating which cities absorbed the most olim, as follows:
According to the data:
- 34,000 olim have made Jerusalem their new home
- 27,000 immigrants moved to Tel Aviv, of which 8,800 came from former Soviet Union, 5,200 from France, and 4,400 from the US.
- Just less than 10,000 olim from Russia and a similar number from France chose Netanya as their Aliyah destination.
- 21,000 olim moved to Haifa
- 3,200 olim moved to Eilat, mostly from France
- Modi'in-Maccabim-Reut took in 1,300 olim from the US
- 1,000 Argentinians moved to Be'er Sheva
- Ashdod, Ashkelon, Bat Yam, Petach Tikva, Rishon LeZion and Beit Shemesh are popular too.
- Kfar Saba absorbed hundreds of Ethiopians
- And lastly, Raanana still remains a popular destination with the Anglo and French speaking communities.