Sweet Potato Fritters
Simply delicious, these sweet potato fritters will wow your guests. Enjoy them all year round as an accompaniment to soups or even with your favorite roast.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together the potatoes, onions, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Working in small batches, spoon a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into the hot oil, flatten the latke, with a fork, so that is around 3 inches in diameter.
- Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the latkes with a slotted spoon to paper towels so that the excess oil is drained.
- Serve with a plain yogurt flavored, apple sauce or cinnamon and sugar
You may also enjoy these..