Will my phone automatically update for daylight saving time?
Here is how to update your mobile phone settings manually:
Resetting your phone when daylight saving time begins in Israel (March)
In order to avoid disruptions in setting the time on this date, it is recommended to set your handset's clock "Automatic Mode" to the Jerusalem time zone - which you will find in the TIME & DATE SETTINGS.
Your mobile phone service provider might update the time on your phone automatically at the beginning and end of Daylight Savings Time. They might also send instructions via SMS to your phone.
If you are unsure, contact your mobile phone carrier for any further clarifications.
- Hebrew English phone and internet terminology with transliterations
- Hebrew English translations of common household bills, including your mobile phone bill
- Press 1 for Hebrew, press 2 for Arabic, 3 for Russian. Click here for English translations of automated answering machines
Resetting your phone before day light saving time in Israel ends (October)
In order to avoid disruptions in setting the time on this date, it is recommended to set your handset's clock immediately to "Manual Mode" which you will find in the TIME & DATE SETTINGS
Once in Manual Mode, select the 'Athens-Greece' time zone.
Following the change over, you should reset the clock settings, of your handset, to 'Automatic Mode' and thereafter select the 'Jerusalem' time zone.
- Israel mobile phone carriers and plans
- International dialing access codes and local area codes
- Emergency telephone numbers